Our next Ohio Safe Routes All-Network meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 16 from 10am-12 noon at the Mid Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) and via GoToWebinar! This is a collaborative meeting with the MORPC Safe Routes to School Regional Forum, join us in person if you can, or via webinar for Ohio Safe Routes Network updates, MORPC’s SRTS Program, and local, state and national presentations just in time for Walk to School Month.
Our theme for the meeting is Education and Encouragement: Safe Routes to School Non-Infrastructure and Walk to School Day resources – learn about ways your community can begin to make walking and biking to school safer through education and awareness tools, resources and programs, just in time for October’s Walk to School Month! Whether you have an established SRTS/WTS Day program, are just getting started, or want to start but need help, this is a great meeting to gather information/
AGENDA: for PDF version, click here. 09162014agenda (1)
1. Welcome & Introductions
2. Overview of MORPC SRTS Program and What You Need from Us—Amanda McEldowney, MORPC
3. Safe Routes to School National Partnership, Ohio Network Update – Kate Moening, SRTS National Partnership
4. Umap and Photo Voice Presentation—Cindy Health, GP Red
5. How to Have a Sustainable Walk and Bike School Program—Honey Whalen, Gahanna
6. ODOT Safe Routes to School Infrastructure Toolkit—David Shipps, TranSystems
7. Walk and Bike to School Day Resources—Kate Moening, SRTS National Partnership
To attend in person: PLEASE NOTIFY Amanda McEldowney AT 614-233-4112 OR amceldowney@MORPC.ORG TO CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE FOR THIS MEETING OR IF YOU REQUEST SPECIAL ASSISTANCE.
TO ATTEND VIA GoToWebinar, register here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/279171614